Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One year anniversary dinner date

I made another felt parfait for Pooky for our 1 year anniversary and I set up a dinner date at a Michelin Star restaurant called Plumed Horse. I wanted to treat him like a king that day in appreciation for all that he has done for me. It was a first time experience for the both of us. Waiter service was great. Ambience was intimate, upscale & classy. Food was yummy and there wasn't anything I dislike which is good because I'm a bit of a fussy eater. I left a VIP memo when I made reservations so they were able to provide us complimentary champagne, dessert and take home a bottle. Although we turned down the champagne because we weren't much of a drinker, they gave us apple cider instead but I would not turn down dessert! Bring it!!

Menu:
 House bread (rosemary bread was scrumptious).
 Hors d'oeuvres: deviled quail eggs, goose liver pate, fried onion pastry and mushroom something along with tempura mozzarella with olive oil.
 Strawberry balsamic soup amuse bouche.
 Black pepper & parmesan souffle, uni & dungeness crab fondue.
 Entree: chicken / salmon.
 Lychee sorbet with tapioca and cinnamon foam (palette cleanser).
Peppermint, brownie ice cream, chocolate soil and roasted marshmellow.
Chocolate bonbon with huckleberry sorbet, assorted macarons, candies and madelines with "happy anniversary".

My gift from Pooky was a Thomas Kinkade painting I've always dreamed about having one day when I have my own house.
 
できた!!! another felt creation. green tea parfait for pooky =3
Their light reminds me of a bioluminescent organism found in the dark zone X3
The hors d'oeuvres
Strawberry soup
The decor/interior design
Black pepper & parmesan soufflé
Pooky's salmon dish
My chicken with donut peaches
 
After all that food, we even order dessert~
Happy Anniversary Pooky ♥
The thought of picking up the plate and licking it did cross my mind when they took away our forks =T
かんぱい!
There's more wine underneath us (glass floor), a cellar!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment